vt. 逮捕, 拘留
1. The treatment arrested the growth of the disease.
2. The police made several arrests.
3. The riot led to the arrest of three young men.
4. The police arrested the thief.
5. They put the susper under arrest after finding him with incriminating cvidence.
名词: arrester 动词过去式: arrested
动词过去分词: arrested 动词现在分词: arresting
名词 arrest :
1. the act of apprehending (especially apprehending a criminal)
同义词: apprehension, catch, collar, pinch, taking into custody
2. the state of inactivity following an interruption
同义词: check, halt, hitch, stay, stop, stoppage
动词 arrest :
1. take into custody
同义词: collar, nail, apprehend, pick up, nab, cop
2. hold back, as of a danger or an enemy; check the expansion or influence of
同义词: check, turn back, stop, contain, hold back
3. attract and fix
同义词: catch, get
4. cause to stop
同义词: halt, hold