1. The first child of English parents born in America. She disappeared with other members of the Lost Colony of Roanoke Island in Virginia.
2. The fertile, fully developed female in a colony of social bees, ants, or termites.
3. Britain was mandated to govern the former colony of German East Africa.
4. This country used to be a British colony in Asia.
名词 colony :
1. a body of people who settle far from home but maintain ties with their homeland; inhabitants remain nationals of their home state but are not literally under the home state's system of government
2. a group of organisms of the same type living or growing together
3. one of the 13 British colonies that formed the original states of the United States
4. a place where a group of people with the same interest or occupation are concentrated
5. a geographical area politically controlled by a distant country
6. (microbiology) a group of organisms grown from a single parent cell